The Krabi Adventure Race Trophy 2017
19 August 2017
Nopparat Thara Beach – Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park Office, Ao Nang, Krabi province.
Location on Google Maps
Teams: Team of 2 racers.
- Masters (Over 80 Years combined)
- Grand Masters (Over 100 Years combined)
- Extreme: For confirmed athletes and experienced adventure racers.
- Adventure: Suitable for W.E. warriors or adventure racing newcomers.
- Mountain biking
- Trail running
- Swimming (with life jacket)
3 – 5 hours for Adventure division and 4.30 – 7 hours for the Extreme division.
18 August 2017
14:00 – 20:00 The Race Pack Collection at Krabi Resort.
18:30 Dinner at Krabi Resort.
19:30 Race briefing at Krabi Resort (very important, do not miss).
– Bike drop available near the Start-Finish area from 14:00 – 20:30
– Or you can come directly with your bike ready to the Start-Finish area on 19 August.
19 August 2017
07:30 Race opening at Nopparat Thara Beach.
08:30 Extreme division starts by Mountain biking.
08:35 Adventure division starts by Mountain biking.
19:00 Gala Dinner and prizes/trophies ceremony at Krabi Resort.
– As there will be a point on the race course that you will have to drop your bike and continue the next discipline, your bike will be transported back near the Start-Finish area. And you can pick your bike from 14:00 – 21:00
Prize & Money
- 1st Men 20,000 baht
- 2nd Men 15,000 baht
- 3rd Men 10,000 baht
- 1st Women 8,000 baht
- 2nd Women 7,000 baht
- 3rd Women 6,000 baht
- 1st Mixed 8,000 baht
- 2nd Mixed 7,000 baht
- 3rd Mixed 6,000 baht
- 1st Master 8,000 baht
- 2nd Master 7,000 baht
- 3rd Master 6,000 baht
- 1st Grand Masters 8,000 baht
- 2nd Grand Masters 7,000 baht
- 3rd Grand Masters 6,000 baht
- 1st Men 10,000 baht
- 2nd Men 7,500 baht
- 3rd Men 5,000 baht
- 1st Women 5,500 baht
- 2nd Women 4,000 baht
- 3rd Women 3,000 baht
- 1st Mixed 5,000 baht
- 2nd Mixed 4,000 baht
- 3rd Mixed 3,000 baht
- 1st Master 5,000 baht
- 2nd Master 4,000 baht
- 3rd Master 3,000 baht
- 1st Grand Masters 5,000 baht
- 2nd Grand Masters 4,000 baht
- 3rd Grand Masters 3,000 baht
Trophy & Medal:
The trophy will be given to the First, Second, and Third place of each category.
All athletes will receive a finisher medal.
How to enter?
- Credit card payment, fill and submit the online form.
- Bank or ATM transfer to Krung Thai Bank
Account name: ACTIVE MANAGEMENT ASIA CO., LTD
Account no. 983-2-54287-1
Branch: The Nine, Rama 9
Please note, a proof of payment (identify your Tracking Number) must be sent via registration platform or email@example.com Very important.
2. In person at:
AMA office. Thai Summit Tower
1768 New Phetchaburi Road, 7th Floor
Tel: 02-2521764 – 6
Location here: bit.ly/ama_newoffice
MANDATORY GEAR LIST
- Each competitor must start the race with 2 liters of water (camel pack is recommended).
- Mountain or off road bike (Please contact us if you need to rent a bike or helmet).
- Bicycle helmet.
- Tire repair kit (minimum 2 spare tubes, tire inflation device) per team.
Recommended additional gear list:
- Insect repellent
- Bicycle gloves
- First aid kit
- Headwear (bandana, cap)
NEED A BIKE?
Mountain bikes can be rented on request and will be brought for you from Bangkok to the venue.
Cost: 1,500 baht including the helmet. Bikes will be available at the venue the day before the race (this gives you the opportunity to try the bike) and must be returned within 16.00 hrs.
Bike booking is available via registration platform only.
Remark: 1,000 baht deposit and a copy of ID card/passport are required before taking a rental bike. You will receive it back after returning bike and helmet.
FREE BIKE TRANSPORTATION
We are pleased to inform you that we have a service to transport your bike from Bangkok to Krabi for FREE.
Transport your bike from Bangkok to Krabi.
- Please bring your bike into the AMA office from August 8 till August 11, 2017 and you can collect your bike at the venue the day before the race.
Transport your bike from Krabi to Bangkok.
- You can drop your bike after the race at the venue’s transition and inform our staff that you would like to use the transportation service. You will be able to pick up your bike from August 24, 2017 at AMA Office.
Very important: Your bike must be properly packed in a bike box or wrapped in bubble pack.
The packing is under your entire responsibility and AMA will not be held responsible would your bike been scratched if not packed correctly.
A waiver needs to be signed upon bike delivery.
LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO RACE WITH?
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your fitness info/ambitions and we will put you in touch with other people looking for a team partner.
The safety issue is for us extremely important and a priority. The race has been specially designed to allow this medical staff on the scene in a matter of minutes in case of an emergency. Adventure racing is a challenging sport, but teamwork and good sportsmanship are integral parts of making it a safe event. Pay attention to the needs of your teammate and other teams. If someone needs help, stop and help them. Also, please come well prepared: mentally, physically, and logistically.
Safety Considerations specific to this event include Dehydration/ Hyponatremia/ Wildlife (snakes, spiders, stray dogs, mosquitoes…..); Travel through rugged areas (abrasions, twisted ankles, etc.).
Use this booking code to get special price
Booking Code: KRA2017
Tips for novice racers http://www.ama-events.com/tips-novice-racers/
Rules & Safety for Adventure Race http://www.ama-events.com/rulesandsafetyadventure/